Thursday 23 February 2012

Just to update anyone who may wonder where we are....

Bostall Woods site is a disused playing field right under Bostall Woods, a great expanse of mixed woods and heath on the hills above Plumstead in South East London.

(My mum and dad lived there for many years and both my brothers were born near the heath. My grandmother is buried a few doors down from the site)

We hope to soon have the lease and start work shortly. This involves planting an orchard, a fruiting hedge and a few raised planters.

Hens should follow soon after we have planning. Full of uncertainty. They will be half re-housed year old hens from a biodynamic orchard near Forest Row in Sussex and the other half new, 18 week old pullets probably from my old boss down in South Gorley.

Bees should be added within the first summer.

Steve ('chicken' steve)is busy sorting a small plot in Hampshire for rearing chicks. He is fab at it.

As for the eggs, I would hope we'd be selling within a couple of months.

Membership forms for the co-op should be available soon and I would urge anyone who may be interested to sign-up.



No comments:

Post a Comment