Wednesday 2 January 2013

Fab site .... if you eat eggs

Fab site for anyone into the care, which, if you eat eggs, you should be!


http://chicksandweeds.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.facebook.com/ChicksandWeeds?fref=pb

"Why organic and what is beyond organic?"

"In very short
  • I want true organic eggs from free range chicken, not so called free range. I will add a link to what it actually means in the commercial world to get organic eggs.
  • b - I want to give the males at least somewhat of a life on this planet as - from all I have read anywhere .... you can't really keep as many roosters as hens, never mind that it is expensive unless you have many acres available of free range.
  • c - those birds are loved, seen and given the space they need to express their" chicken-ness". This is part of the deal for me -  they MUST be respected and treated well.

An opportunity presented itself to work a small part of someone's garden and I got permission to have chickens there too. My initital thoughts about that was: have free range garden chickens and eggs that lay eggs, provide fertilizer and help with tilling and pest control - and - I LOVE birds"

No comments:

Post a Comment