Monday 16 July 2012

considerable interest from the Uni and Unltd but where is the 'Gove-ement'?

After years if boring people perhaps the preparation is finally paying off.

I spent a happy hour or two revamping my 'Restricted Land Access' doc into powerpoint and presto, a very interesting hour long talk on free range hens to the People at the University. I didn't catch any of them yawning and I managed it without much of a hesitation though I may have deviated at some point.

Quite like this wagon design


Those who are lecturers or used to public speaking may think this is nothing wonderful but considering it is not my comfort zone it was a complete and rewarding new experience for me. The last spiel I did was to the permaculture AGM and I remember at least one person walked out.

Seems Uni are not a place to take dynamic design projects. How to prove them wrong.

Add to that the idea for the 'Hen Roadshow' and there is lots to get excited about. There is still no great expanse of land available but enough to get the ball (or henhouses) rolling.

Registration is still not without the standard dilemma of involvement and decision making, 'Unltd' were of little help (though they may still decide to offer a sound social enterprise the privilege of their superior knowledge). Funny thing when they started talking of Micheal Gove's £10 million school dinner revamp as a wonderful solution to the poor nutrition of the younger community, until I pointed out Jamie Oliver's point of view that it already exists and all they need to do is actually act on something instead of wasting more money. This is a cynical exercise in self promotion, not Jamie but the 'Gove-ement' as they can say how wonderful they are.

However it was an interesting meeting though do they really need to be so negative when dealing with such progressive social thinkers?



No comments:

Post a Comment